Last updated on February 17th, 2015 at 11:37 pm
It’s been a pretty busy weekend here at Comic Book Daily Head Quarters, we’ve been scowering the interwebs looking for fun links to get your through the usual monday blahs. As always if you come across an interesting link or article that we may have missed, please by all means e-mail Pete DeCourcy – he needs all the help he can get.
- Brent continues his look at Movies that Could Have Been – included is Frank Miller’s script for Batman: Year One.
- Magdy L Shafee’s Metro, was officially banned by the Egyptian government last Saturday.
- Chris Sims and Eugene Ahn present a new episode of the War Rocket Ajax podcast where they interview writer Chris Roberson.
- Tucker Stone reviews Comics… you’ll either agree or you’ll think he’s a douche. I get a kick out of him.
- Oh, and a new installment of Tucker’s Advanced Common Sense:
- A profile on Danijel Zezelj one of the best artists working today. (“He doesn’t draw so much as he chisels with ink” is how I described him.)
- Panel Discussion with the folks at Geekanerd. This week they include: Batman and Robin, Daredevil, Hellboy and Green Lantern Corps.
- Were the 90s really the golden age of cartoons?
- Why Rhodey is the Comics Ideal Black Hero. (Hint: He’s being sarcastic.)
- Living Between Wednesdays takes a closer look at Marian Churchland’s new GN Beast.
- Lobo test film has already happened.. and life will never be the same.
- The Association des Critiques et journalistes de Bande Dessinée (ACBD) has named the five finalists for their big 2010 prize, the Grand Prix de la Critique.
- Chris Butcher has re-posted some recent trip photos of various manga-related businesses. Beautiful stuff.