Now would be a good time to remind everyone that a Canadian Comics Panel is being held at the Niagara Falls Comic Con on Saturday June 8th at 12:00 noon until 1:00 PM in room 205 of the Niagara Falls Scotiabank Convention Centre.
We’ve received a lot of positive response regarding this panel and it should prove to be an interesting hour.
This is a unique panel that should be attended by anyone interested in:
- The history of Canadian comics
- Where Canadian comics are today
- What exactly makes a comic “Canadian”
Panel members will include:
- Ivan Kocmarek – Canadian comic historian and regular writer of this column
- Hope Nicholson – Associate Producer of the upcoming Canadian Comics documentary Lost Heroes
- Richard Comely – creator of Captain Canuck
- Kevin Boyd – Joe Shuster Award committee member and owner of Toronto’s Comic Book Lounge
This is a knowledgeable and lively group lively group and they look forward to seeing you at the panel.
Quick note, Ivan will be back next week with another stellar White Tsunami post.
Are there plans for a podcast for this panel? Or even a transcript published online afterwords?
I had been hoping to see one for the Van CAF panel on Canada’s Golden Age of Comics but I haven’t seen any mention of one available.