Marvel released their October 2011 solicitations and I’ve picked the best five to share with you here.
5. Punisher Max #18 by Dave Johnson. Johnson has a unique composition style that works well with every cover he tackles. A great use of negative space and a version of Elektra, possibly the most unattractive I’ve seen.
4. Captain America #4 by Steve McNiven. Classic action shot with modern colour treatment.
3. Casanova: Avaritia #2 by Gabriel Ba. How can I not feature killer pandas?
2. Secret Avengers #18 by David Aja. In my eyes Aja can do no wrong and this cover proves it. An awesome visual treatment with a faux film frames, off colour and grainyness.
1. Journey Into Mystery 629 by Stephanie Hans. This one just jumped out at me; composition and colour leap at the viewer. Stunning. I’ve never heard of Stephanie Hans but I’ll be watching closely from now on.