1. SREW
    6/27/2012

Mega-City One doesn’t look much like Mega-City One in the trailer, but then someone said that what you see in the new trailer is somewhere outside Mega-City One… my worry is that the new film will be too serious and too cautious not to be like the Stallone version – hope it’s good, or that’ll be Dredd’s popularity killed off for another 20 years!

• 6/27/2012

Interesting. How else would they do it for the screen?… MC1 I mean. What did you expect to see? I think the more they distance themselves from the Stallone version, the better… no?

I also think Dredd Could’ve been a bit older personally. It’s like Cap in the Avengers/Cap movies, far too young, not enough old fashioned wisdom by a stretch.

2. 6/27/2012

Stallone’s Judge Dredd is still one of my favourite movies. Sly’s acting wasn’t great by any stretch of the imagination, but the star of the show is Armand Assante. Rico was just a bad ass, and I hope there will be a villain of the same scale in the new movie.

3. 6/27/2012

Cap would’ve only been 26 when he was defrosted in teh comics. Chris Evans is definately older than that.

• 31 apparently. I think 26 in the 1940’s was a lot older than 31 is now, especially if you’ve been to war. I just think he lacks that leadership and military experience in the movies. I need him to seem older than he is (Cap)… weathered. He’s too wet and would never take charge in the movies. He doesn’t look as cool as the others either, his mask is kind of clunky. Room for improvement.

4. 6/29/2012

It played like a B movie, and sometimes they are the best movies. Like Machete or Hobo With a Shotgun.

I didn’t have too much exposure to Judge Dredd, so that was my first experience to the character. I liked it.

If Batman and Robin was the very first Batman movie, I would have been ticked because I love the character Batman and that movie didn’t represent Batman properly.

There is a lot of things I really like with Stallone’s Dredd, the part I hated most was Rob Schnieder. But that was the 90’s and for some stupid reason they thought action movies should have comedy in them. Since Sly couldn’t tell jokes as Dredd, someone had to.

5. 6/29/2012

You like what you like man. I’m kind of glad they didn’t make Dredd tell the jokes… thinking about it. Good point.
    What WAS your first Batman experience? Just curious.

6. 6/29/2012

First exposure to Batman was in 1979(ish). I found an old tin Batmobile in the spare bedroom in our house. It was from the last 60’s and was either my parents or my uncles. It wasn’t too long after then that I saw the Adam West Batman series. That’s why Tim Burton’s Batman is amazing. It showed Batman the way it was supposed to be.

So I can really see your point about Sly’s Dredd not being the right Dredd. Hopefully Karl Urban will play the character more comic-accurate… but that doesn’t happen all the time on film.