1. January 20

Sigh, yes sadly, you’re still not real a comics professional till you’ve whored out for the big two.

2. Ed
    January 20

I didn’t think XMFC was going to be ready for release this year. I would prefer it for them to take the time to develop the story and make a great movie. With a release date this summer I hope it does well. I look forward to see Jayson Flemyng, Oliver Platt and Ray Wise in this one. Having it take place in the 60’s is a great idea. It will set it apart from the other super hero movies.

The casting of Anne Hathaway is a good choice. She will be able to portray Selina Kyle/Catwoman as vulnerable or strong as the character needs to be. She can play a character tough. A good example is Agent 99 in Get Smart.

I am not sure about Bane being in the next Batman movie. I think there are other characters in Batman’s Rogues Gallery that I would have chosen first (ie: Penguin). I have faith in Christopher Nolan and trust that the next film will be amazing.

3. Laura
    January 21

Penguin is too goofy to be a villain. I think Catwoman and Bane have the darkness and realness needed for Nolan’s Batman movies. I also think Hathaway will be able to play the role with a lot of necessary depth.

4. Ed
    January 21

The original rumours of Phillip Seymor Hoffman playing Penguin would have been interesting. The character could have been easily changed from a goofy circus sideshow freak (DeVito) to a dark criminal mastermind with lots of depth.

Black Mask would have been interesting as well.

5. Laura
    January 21

Casting doesn’t sound finished either. Still lots of rumours running around!

6. Jill
    January 22

XMFC

I don’t know what to do about this movie. I like that it’s being set in the 60s. I like that most of the cast. McAvoy and Fassbender are great choices for the two leads. Jennifer Laurence was fantastic in Winter’s Bone, and Nicholas Hoult was really good in A Single Man last year. I’m iffy about January Jones and agree that Alice Eve is more my image of Emma.

As for Batman… I like Anne Hathaway and hope that she can pull this off. Do you think the 2 female lead rumours are true?